This is a wonderful article on the benefits of red light therapy. In summary the benefits are:
- Increased Immunity & Reduced Side Effects of Cancer Treatments; some side effects of radiation and chemotherapy can be painful, red light can successfully reduce symptoms including oral mucositis
- Wound Healing & Tissue Repair; Redlight directly stimulates the regeneration processes in the skin through increased cellular proliferation, migration and adhesion. Red light therapy has been shown to positively affect skin cells through regeneration of fibroblasts, keratinocytes and modulation of immune cells (including mast cells, neutrophils and macrophages) all found within skin tissue.
- Anti-Aging Effects for Skin & Hair Loss; Red light significantly improves skin complexion, improves skin tone & texture, reduces skin roughness & wrinkles, reduces redness including rosacea and increases collagen density. Red light stimulates hair follicle growth thereby reducing hair loss.
- Improved Joint & Musculoskeletal Health; Red light therapy is now being used to treat arthritis symptoms thanks to its capability of stimulating collagen production and rebuilding cartilage. Cellular rejuvenation and increased blood flow due to red light therapy are two key aspects of improving joint and tissue health.
- Reduced Depression & Fatigue; Sessions are most certainly relaxing and naturally energizing.
Check out the full story here